Plan Your Visit to the WILDLIFE CENTRE
Visitors to our 8-acre, park-like setting can see Vancouver Island wildlife in peaceful and rustic surroundings. While at the Centre, you can also enjoy:
- observing eagles, several species of owls, falcons, hawks, ravens and black bears
- a map with a Self-Guided tour to do at your leisure
- a chance to sit and watch a documentary about our work at the Centre
- live raptor presentations (July & August – Mon/Wed/Fridays 1:30pm)
- a visit to the Learning Centre, Museum of Nature, Bear Den Gifts and more…
- special events (Go to our Events page to check out our calendar)
- parking, washrooms and wheelchair-accessible trails throughout the grounds
- diverse areas promoting learning, interaction with wildlife and nature, contemplation and appreciation
|Children 3 – 12||$5 +tax|
|Children under 3||Free|
|Public Viewing: 9am – 4:30pm
7 days a week | (Gates close at 5pm)
Office: Monday-Friday | 9am-5pm
Year-Round Wildlife Drop-Off
Aboriginal Artist in Residence: Bill Helin
Bill Helin is currently the Aboriginal Artist in Residence at NIWRA, representing the Aboriginal arts, culture and children’s education. He is in charge of the 40ft red cedar Ravensong Canoe. He will also be working on large wood carvings and doing traditional painting of Tsimshian Indian art.
On special days when Bill’s schedule allows him to be at the centre, he will be performing drumming songs.
GROUPS AND TOUR COMPANIES WELCOME
The more the merrier!